The Valatie Free Library is searching for an individual to serve as program coordinator. The person selected for the position would be responsible for planning and coordinating children’s activities and working with the director in planning and coordinating activities for adults. He/she would be working 15-20 hours a week, performing programming duties as well as working at the circulation desk and substituting for other staff, if necessary.
Requirements for the Position
- have at least a two year degree from an accredited community college
- thoroughly enjoy working with children
- be able to plan and execute crafts and activities for children and adults
- be able to work varied hours in the summer
- be computer literate
- be comfortable helping patrons with basic computer skills
- be flexible, as substituting for another staff member is sometimes necessary
Interested persons may submit a letter of application and a resume which includes work and education background as well as names and phone numbers of references to Elizabeth Powhida, Library Director/Valatie Free Library/PO Box 336/Valatie, New York 12184. Applications may also be brought to the Library, 1036 Kinderhook Street, Valatie, New York. All applications must be submitted by Thursday, February 23, 2017. Interviews will take place the following week, and the successful candidate will begin working Thursday, March 2, 2017 or very soon afterwards. For additional information, please call the Library at 518-758-9321.